What is SC ?
UltraVNC SC is a mini (166k) UltraVNC Server that can be customized and preconfigured for download by a Customer. UltraVNC SC does not require installation and does not make use of the registry. The customer only have to download the little executable and Click to make a connection. The connection is initiated by the server, to allow easy access thru customers firewall.
What is the difference between UltraVNC and UltraVNC SC ?
- Size: UltraVNC is about 650k while SC is only 166k
- SC can only do a reverse connection while the normal version server can listen to viewer connections.
- SC can NOT be run as service, no logon or Ctrl-Alt-Del is supported.
- SC can only do File Transfers, Directory transfer is not yet supported (but will be soon).
- SC don't use registry and password. Settings are preconfigured, password is not needed for an outgoing connection.
How secure is UltraVNC SC ?
- The SC version is initiated by the person that shares his desktop: he needs to voluntary click to initiate the connection.
- You can use up to 128bit encryption. The encryption level depends on the OS and installed MS Crypto api.
- The server can only connect to the IP address you have predefined.
- No incoming connections, no unattended service connection.
- SC is automatically and systematically uninstalled when the connection is closed
For more info also see documentation http://www.uvnc.com/docs/uvnc-sc.html
UltraVnc SC online creator
COMMON MISTAKE, the zip file you upload need to contain the files, NOT a SUBFOLDER with the files.
Ideal tool for "remote tech support" - "remote computer support"
UserID = foo
Password = foobar
UltraVncSC based on RC23 (2005)
UltraVncSC based on REL1.00 (2006)
This creator can also be used to generate SCIII.
To use it for SCIII creation,you need to add the winvnc.exe
(SCIII) in your zip file you upload.
Name need to be winvnc.exe
UltraVncSC update 2009
+use the MSRC4Plugin.dsm" security plugin
+The zip you upload can contain following files, other are ignored
UAC: sc is running as user, this does NOT allow UAC access.
-UAC windows are view only. (you now stay connected in view only mode)
-When the UAC window ( not the popup, the one that has the elevated permission) is closed or minized, you get back full access.
Update 27/08/2009, the user is only asked once to give UAC permission ( add [DIS_AUC] )
UltraVncSC update May 2013
+(2013) Modified engine to faster capture Vista>= OS's
+new capture engine, Vista win7 (faster on new video cards)
Using this option, aero and wallpaper is not removed, new capture engine is fast enough to capture aero.
UltraVncSC update June 2013
[DIS_UAC] crash fixed