Ultra VNC remote access tools
|Ultra VNC is a powerful, easy to use and free - remote pc access softwares - that can display the screen of another computer (via internet or network) on your own screen. The program allows you to use your mouse and keyboard to control the other PC remotely. It means that you can work on a remote computer, as if you were sitting in front of it, right from your current location.
VNC, the Remote Frame Buffer protocol (RFB) allows a desktop to be viewed and controlled remotely over the Internet. A VNC server must be run on the computer sharing the desktop, a VNC client must be run on the computer that will access the shared desktop.
(1) GPL doesn't allow bunding of GPL and non GPL software. If you want to use Ultra VNC or Ultra VNC SC in combination with a commercial software you need to create a seperate installer or let your installer download Ultra VNC. PcHelpware or con2me can be bundled without restriction.
(2) One site is connected to the internet the other is behind a nat router
(3) Both sites are behind a nat router
(4) The site behind the nat router need to initiate the connection
(5) A seperate application " repeater" is needed. Both sites make an outgoing connection to the repeater and the repeater cross the data.
(6) Using the encryption plugin you can use a longer password or a predefined key.
(7) The password is generated for each session, access code is fixed.
(8) Runing as service you always clone the console, if started as application you clone the current session ( console/RDP)
(9) PchelpwareV2 has a preconnect screen that allow to select a RDP or the console session.
Supported operating systems
-95**, 98**, Me**, NT4** (only supported with the old v1.0.2)
-2000 (need the w2k exe)
-XP, 2003, Vista , Win7, win 8, win 8.1, win 10, Windows Server 2003, Server 2003 R2, Server 2008, Server 2008 R2, Server 2012, Server 2012 R2
Its embedded Java Viewer allows you to connect (and make File transfers) from a simple Web Browser on any system supporting Java (Linux, Mac OS...) to an Ultra VNC server.
Pchelpware and uvnc2me require XP or later.
All VNCs Start from the one piece of source (See History of VNC), and should follow the RFB protocol for their communications (some rather loosley). This common start point means that most of the vnc flavours (variants) available today "usually" talk nicely together, allowing for easy cross platform desktop sharing to occur.
Pchelpware and uvnc2me are not rfb compatible
remote pc access software
If you provide computer support, you can quickly access your customer's computers from anywhere in the world and resolve helpdesk issues remotely! With addons like SingleClick your customers don't even have to pre-install software or execute complex procedures to get remote helpdesk support.