- Tips for speeding up Vista\Xp
- UltraVNC Driver - what is it, do I need it?
- Failed to get server address?
- File Transfer is disabled on the remote machine?
- How does UltraVNC work?
- How do I use SingleClick (first time users)?
- How to configure and use encryption with SC (SingleClick)?
- Mirror video driver and Video hook driver?
- How do I install UVNC as a service?
- How to install UltraVNC with remote desktop (RDP) ?
- Port forwarding NAT/router/firewall for any VNC flavor?
- What if i do not have a static ip for my WAN connection?
- Connecting to an office PC from home?
- UltraVNC step by step?
- Failed to connect to server
- VNC Password on the server
- VNC or any Remote Desktop is Unuseable over ADSL
- How to remote control my home computer over Internet
- Local loop-back connections are disabled
- Authentication failed
How does it work
UltraVNC is based on free realvnc 3.3.7
UltraVNC is free and add(ed) a lot of features
- Ultra vncviewer, javaviewer is viewer part View only ---> Winvnc
class room = students watching board of professor
show room = customers watching slideshow from presenter
remote monitoring = security camera view
control (modify/read/write content of server, host)
remote control = techncian, administrator ---> server
teleworking= yourself --> your home computer/office computer
- Ultra winvnc or SingleClick
is server part content to be viewed/controlled from you or technician or anybody have password right access or Query request accepted.
- Ultra Repeater act as proxy/firewall/broadcast
(NAT helper relay like p2p and multicast as near futur )
enterprise, Small Office Home Office (SOHO) (more 5 computers),
class room, show room, hepdesk, remote monitoring, remote control
3 main usages: (with or without repeater)
- UltraVNC Remote control
- based password, control access
- viewer connect to server (direct, classic metho)
- without user at front of remotely controlled computer)
you connect from home to your office computer or inverse.
vncviewer as application connect to winvnc started and run as service system
- SingleClick, Helpdesk usage
- without password, Query request accept or refuse
- server connect to viewer (reverse connection)
- SingleClick as application (client, user) request connection to vncviewer (heldesk)
support on demand (user is seat of front of computer and ask assistance to helpdesk)
techncian as vncviewer listening mode, need only accept or refuse reverse connection made from customer.
see How do I use SingleClick --> HowTo for first time users
- Classroom, Showroom
multi viewers connect to one server
(students, customers) vncviewers (only view ) connect to winvnc (read only)(professor, presenter)
Ultra Repeater internal
or/and external usage
usage: only 1 computer need Repeater
remote control, teleworking
(you) viewer ---> repeater ---> winvnc (remote computer)
show room, class room
(professor, presenter) ---> repeater (broadcast, multicast <--- vncviewer, javaviewer (clients, students read only)
(users) singleclick ---> repeater <--- viewers (helpdesk staff read/write)
Almost all Ultra software can be used as safe
depend of user (yourself security need or not)
administrator, enterprise policies (for enterprise usage)
(except javaviewer, repeater1 (repeater2 under beta test as SSL compatible)
vncviewer, winvnc, singleclick can use dsm encryption plugin for secure connection
more informations about