- Tips for speeding up Vista\Xp
- UltraVNC Driver - what is it, do I need it?
- Failed to get server address?
- File Transfer is disabled on the remote machine?
- How does UltraVNC work?
- How do I use SingleClick (first time users)?
- How to configure and use encryption with SC (SingleClick)?
- Mirror video driver and Video hook driver?
- How do I install UVNC as a service?
- How to install UltraVNC with remote desktop (RDP) ?
- Port forwarding NAT/router/firewall for any VNC flavor?
- What if i do not have a static ip for my WAN connection?
- Connecting to an office PC from home?
- UltraVNC step by step?
- Failed to connect to server
- VNC Password on the server
- VNC or any Remote Desktop is Unuseable over ADSL
- How to remote control my home computer over Internet
- Local loop-back connections are disabled
- Authentication failed
Failed to get server address
If windows firewall enabled on XP SP2
vncviewer ...Lookup server address ... Failed to get server address !
vncviewer can't reach vnc server by hostname address
remote desktop connection (mstsc.exe) can't reach remote desktop by hostname
netbios name filtered, hostname blocked by windows firewall XP SP2
use ip address instead of the hostname address
disable windows firewall on XP SP2 if you have already an NAT/firewall on your broadband router,
so you can reach again yours vnc servers by hostname on your local area network (LAN)
manually add DNS IP address to your broadband router
exclude the vnc server/vnc viewer computer outside of DHCP range or reserve MAC address/hostname to DHCP range