UltraVnc Unattended Installation
If you need to install UltraVNC on a number of computers, there are several options to automate the installation.
First let's have a look what' inside the standard installation procedure.
What's happening during installation?
During a fresh install the following things are done:
- Create installation directory (default:
%Programfiles%\UltraVNC) and copy files to it.
- Add shortcuts to start menu and desktop.
- Associate .vnc with UltraVNC viewer by adding registry keys
- Configure Admin Properties by adding registry keys under
- Register winvnc service by running
- Start service by running
net start WinVNC.
- Start systray icon by running
- Configure MS-Logon II ACL by running
MSLogonACL /i /o acl.txt.
An upgrade requires the following additional tasks:
- Stop winvnc service by running
net stop WinVNC.
Setup command line parameters
- FastPush is designed to push a VNC setup to a (large) number of computers. It supports UltraVNC.