- Start the setup and choose the installation language.
- Click Next on the Welcome screen.
- Accept the license agreement.
- Read the release notes.
- Select the destination directory where UltraVNC should be installed.
- Select the components which should be installed.
Note: Updating the driver is experimental and not guaranteed to work at the moment.
- Select the Start Menu folder where the program's shortcuts should be placed.
- Select additional tasks:
- Select if UltraVNC server should be registered as a system service.
- Select if UltraVNC service should be started or restarted.
- Select if MSLogon II should be configured.
- Select if UltraVNC Admin Properties should be configured.
- Select if old UltraVNC registry entries should be removed.
- Select if additional desktop icons should be created for UltraVNC server, viewer and repeater.
- Select if files with extension .vnc should be associated with UltraVNC viewer.
- Specify location of ACL file.
The format of the ACL file should follow the MSLogonACL specification.
If no ACL file is specified, the Administrators group is configured. This works only on the English OS versions.
- Specify location of Properties file.
The Properties file should be a valid registry file.
The intention is to populate the
If no Properties file is specified, no options are configured.
- Verify if you choose the correct installation settings.
- Read what's new in UltraVNC.
- Click "Finish" to end the installation.
If you need to install UltraVNC on a large number of computers, you might consider automating the installation.
The following command line parameters can be passed to the setup:
- Sets installation directory to
- Suppresses a reboot at the end of the installation.
Not required since the installation no longer requires are boot.
- Suppresses either pop-up of dialog boxes or any GUI at all.
- Loads the configuration file
Filenamefor the installation.
This configuration file can be generated by going through setup with
Filenameshould be fully qualified.
- Writes a log file to the Temp directory.
Could be used for debugging.