What's New in UltraVNC
UltraVNC Latest Modifications
** v22.214.171.124 Release DSM plugin: Multithreaded / interface support Require Multithreaded plugins viewer -Prompt to disable dsm plugin and connect if an unencrypted session is detected. -Fallback to dibsection if video memory is low (black screen issue) -Keyboard hook fixed; no longer interferes with keyboard responsiveness. Also scroll lock is properly handled for special keys. -Repeater ID is shown in in the recent edit box when you connect along with the repeater host. -Cmdline options to auto accept connections and another to auto accept unencrypted connections -Remember last local path in file transfer during a session -Gui lock fixed ( server disconnect without message could lock gui) server -Some mutex changes that were causing issues when there were multiple connections -Support for multiple connections using dsm plugin -Support for new plugin interface -New repeater cmdline option for simplicity -Some interface changes in the add new client dialog when using sc mode -Support balloon tip notifications, used in sc mode -Dialog to show pending or unauth clients such as those waiting with the repeater or reverse connections -Also some crashes due to bad function pointer init in dsm plugin handlers -if no incremental udate is requested (full update) the incremental rectangle is the full screen -deadlock fixed ( server hang after desktop switch (logon-default-screensaver,taskmanager needed to kill) -server mouse moves get faster processed -driver is handled faster (there was a not needed 100ms wait in the code) -ultravnc.ini [admin] sendbuffer=8192 ** v1.0.7 ( Beta tests) ** v126.96.36.199 Release gui rfb port lock fix -Performance ; Mouse move a little faster -Performance: Startuptime a little faster ( first screen) -memory leak -driver and logon/uac (black screen) -aero enable bug ( service, not restored) -driver win7 -play sound if file exist, PGM solution is better and exe smaller. -added (ultravnc.ini, [admin] ) clearconsole=1 (winstationconnect bug) -double-click on trayicon behaviour show properties -X64 installer should now install in program files -X64 version does not longer show "win32 server" ** v188.8.131.52 Release - Gui fix - FT fix ** v184.108.40.206 Release Viewer changes: - Gui lock while reconnect fixed - Removed flasher ( unused code ) - Rab order fixed in dialogs - Crash on exit fixed - Cursor with scaling fixed Server changes: - Fixed unload video driver and xp64 - Fixed settings overwriting with default when tempfile was write protected - Added messagebox uncheck for runas when ultravnc.ini is not writable - Added sc_prompt as command line option - Added sc_exit as command line option - Removed some logging, to many messages - Fixed locks when fast user switching between winlogon and desktop change - Added back a timeout, service need to give OS time to switch the desktop - Screen updates engine changed. Now uses events instead of windows messages - Moved engine updates sink to seperate cpp file - Tab order fixed in dialogs - Fixed crash monitor switch when second monitor is bigger - Added maxcpu setting ** v220.127.116.11.x - Fixed locking issue - Screen updates engine partially rewritten ** v18.104.22.168 Viewer changes: - Fixed mslogon + DsmPlugin not asking user/passwd - DsmPlugin reverse path for dsmplugin set to %TEMP% (fixes Vista error) Server changes: - Added -sc command line option - Server exits on viewer's disconnection fixed - Server now remains connected on desktop change (like uac) Still can't be controled because winvnc running as application doesn't have permission, but the remote person can do the task and get full control back when UAC popups or when elevated window is closed. - Added reverse connection accept (like in old sc) usage: winvnc.exe -sc -run Performance changes: - There was an issue that viewer sometimes looked frozen. Fixed But fixing this issue caused very fast server/viewer update requests, pushing the cpu too high on server.. - CPU throttle added, so winvnc usage stay below 40% - Idle detection added to lower cpu when desktop is static - Tweaks for older cpu to keep the cpu lower - vnclog fixed, was using cpu even when not enabled Usage box updated: -run needs to be the last uption Connection: - Reverse connection and running as service fixed - Added service_commandline = -autoreconnect - Dual logon box fixed - XP64 mirror driver added - Fixed mirror driver disabling on viewer disconnection - Added extra check When changing settings the runas dialog asks for permission to make changes, default is NO.. a popup tells you this in case a permission is denied ** v22.214.171.124 - Driver activation bug fixed ** v126.96.36.199 - Performance adapted for low cpu systems - Autodetection speed is now lower to get a better average - Exes signed until 2011 - Various other fixes... ** v188.8.131.52 - Viewer security update ** v184.108.40.206 Release - Added settings editor (as a seperate application) - Added option to preset primary/secondary/both desktops as default - Terminal service dependency removed v220.127.116.11 Release
*unzip32.dll/zip32.dll are not longer needed (correctde)
*logoff user no check the session number, restart is only done when session != 0 ( Vista or XP with fast user switching)
*DirectX viewer (tabbed_viewer) compiled with the proper settings
v18.104.22.168 Release ( BAD)
-Fix bug where screen froze when file transfer or chat was open.
-Close the chat dialog before deleting TextChat object. Wait for thread to exit before returning from KillDialog()
-Fixed server crash in KillAllClients when chat window was open
-Suppress duplicate messages about lost communications.
-Suppress "File transfer completed" message if there's an error so the error is seen in the history dropdown
-unzip32 zip32 now always look in installed folder
-Save option permission fix
-performance tweak for server-side scaling
-Close the chat dialog before deleting TextChat object. Wait for thread to exit before returning from KillDialog()
-Fixed server crash in KillAllClients when chat window was open
-Suppress duplicate messages about lost communications.
-close textchat dialog if open before deleting textchat object to avoid crashing the server.
-Drivers fixed clasic style (bad captionbar)
(v1.0.4 was never released. We switched directly to v1.0.5)
Update 23 aug
- Driver+applications that change resolution (like pinpall in fullscreen)
- vnclog : In some cases the standard path wasn't writable, now path can be set
Update 13 aug
- FT crash when clipboard is used during transfer fix
- Admin properties and domain user fix
- Inputlock input fix
Update 3 aug
- Exceptions thrown with no message cause access violations when Report called.
- All message boxes are now properly parented to the viewer window so that they are modal.
- Socket timeouts are now used during file transfer so that connections lost while connected to a repeater are detected
- A small keepalive message is sent every 5 seconds after receiving a file chunk to keep the server or viewer from timing out during a read.
- The prompt for exit is now respects the m_fExitCheck setting if the 'x' in the full screen titlebar is clicked
- Another big change to the file transfer module is that a temporary file is used to hold the file being transferred. When it is successfully completes, it is moved to the original file name -- resume still works too. This was because when a file transfer is interrupted, a user (ie, service tech) can't tell if the file is complete.
- The close button on the file transfer dialog is now enabled and disabled during file transfers. You can't close the window with the 'x' during a transfer, but you can otherwise
- Many variables are now properly initialized.
- The black layered window is now brought to the top every 20ms -- the start menu is still visible on the remote system so this change makes it go away faster.
- You can now register the service with a custom name.
- Simplified Copy_to_temp and copy_to_secure_from_temp
- When the network connection is lost, a message is shown "Connection lost due to communication failure" instead of "writeexact: socket error while writing"
- socket read/write errors now break the while (connected) loop in vncclient.cpp
- Simplified file handle cleanup
- FT crash fix, lock screeen while transfer
- quickoption fix: Was not saved correct
Update 10 July
- Repeater: found bug that required server to be connected first. Now you can connect server or viewer first
- Viewer: option are now correct loaded. The problem was the the presets didn't have "manual set", this cause the presets always to be loaded on top of manual settings.
- Server now take as commandline
- Autoreconnect -id:???
- Single repeater connection server had a possible error ( reconnect couldn't happen if shutdown by service is requested)
Update 26 june 2008
- View Only, comment text: Alt+Ctrl+F3
- Ctrl+Shift+Esc open Task Manager on winvnc application and service
- Ctrl+Alt+F4 send Ctrl+Shift+Esc if winvnc run as application
- Dead keys \' ^`"’ and € + winkey shortcuts (Windows Logo Key)
- Scroll Lock ON, winkey + shortcuts sent to remote
- Scroll Lock OFF, winkey + shortcuts are local (default)
- 8bit (switching codec+colors) vncviewer crash, fixed.
- Auto scaling remote screen improved to fit to local screen
- winvnc with mirror driver 1.22 active only when viewer connected, fixed
- ExitCheck (default=false vncviewer config file)(pgmoney)
Update 16 june 2008
- vncviewer, View Only (check box) and title bar
- vncviewer, command line encoding, added zrle and zywrle
- vncviewer auto scaling big screen of remote server to small video screen local viewer.
- vista, uvnc_service already installed as service (winvnc)
- Start service (need to be previously installed) (Jeff for w2k fix)
v1.0.4 RC16 - BETA - FOR TEST & DEBUG ONLY !
- Handle leak service fix
- Manifest update ( asinvoker)
- Projects updated for VS2005/2008
- Only allows the viewer that disabled remote input to reenable it
- FT crash bug when the source file could not be read on the server
- fullscreen: mode, make the tooltips for the toolbar visible
- fullscreen: multimon fix
- FT: no media in remote driver fix
- Confirm exit option
v1.0.4 RC15 - BETA - FOR TEST & DEBUG ONLY !
- shared connections patch
- monitor blanking fix
- restore wallpaper fix
- java viewer direcory detection
- title bar crash fix
- syncronize disable keyboard button with server
- syncronize caplock state - Delete partial files after failed filetransfer
v1.0.4 RC14 - BETA - FOR TEST & DEBUG ONLY !
- "\" Fix (keyboard)
- service_commandline Fix
- Send Custom Key
- Authentication fail speedup
- Version RC13 was buggy
- RC14 now use VS2005.
- Run stable when no multiple connections are made.
v1.0.4 RC13 - BETA - FOR TEST & DEBUG ONLY !
- FIX plugin path
- FIX crash after wrong rfbversion message
v1.0.4 RC12BISII - BETA - FOR TEST & DEBUG ONLY !
FIX W2K and service
v1.0.4 RC12BIS - BETA - FOR TEST & DEBUG ONLY !
- FIX video driver popup
v1.0.4 RC12 - BETA - FOR TEST & DEBUG ONLY !
- memory bounding error fixed
- serveral possible security risks fixed.. ( added extra protection against buffer overwrites that could be invoked by modified server or viewers.)
- 32 / 64 drivers
- 32 / 64 exectables
- Driver mv2.dll changed !!!!!!!!!!! new server require new driver.
v1.0.4 RC10 & RC11 - BETA - FOR TEST & DEBUG ONLY !
- Vista driver activation should be fixed
- keyboard fix, for international keyboards. Only tested with french and belgium keyboard (dead keys)
- commandline options added (same as in 102)
v1.0.4 RC9 - BETA - FOR TEST & DEBUG ONLY !
- Added extra info to check driver
- Server->poll properties -> check driver (version, active, acces ok)(version, not active)
- multi monitors on Vista Driver need to be installed and working winvnc must be runnning as service or winvnc running as application must be started with "runasadmin"
- MS logon II and group/user settings Changed made, please check if it correct the problem
v1.0.4 RC8 - BETA - FOR TEST & DEBUG ONLY !
-added previous (rc4) rdp kill via ultravnc.ini
v1.0.4 RC7 - BETA - FOR TEST & DEBUG ONLY !
- typo's fixed
- runasadmin,vista,application mode menu fix
v1.0.4 RC6 - BETA - FOR TEST & DEBUG ONLY !
- Invisible query window fixed
- Several JavaViewer bug fixes by TRiessner in the FileTransfer GUI (files lists are now sorted, big directory/file names fixed, files seen as directories fixed...)
- Beep fixed
- Win2003 install via rdp session fixed
- The installer now should be able to correctly install/upgrade 1.0.2 and 1.0.4 RCX
- Video Mirror Driver and Vista Addons are now optionaly downloaded from the installer.
v1.0.4 RC5 - BETA - FOR TEST & DEBUG ONLY !
- Service mode is back in winvnc.exe
- Service can be installed/start/stop/uninstall from system tray menu
- mouse shape fixed
- Dsm plugin fixed (Vista)
MSRC4 Plugin should work fine under Vista
AESV2 plugin does not always work under Vista
ARC4 plugin should work under Vista
- New commandline options:
-autoreconnect ID -connect host -run
-autoreconnect ID -connect host -service
"-service" or "-run" need to be the latest parameter
** v1.0.3 RC2 - BETA - FOR TEST & DEBUG ONLY !
- Vista support: - New Viewer Autoreconnect feature - New WinVNC special startup modes (used by uvnc_service), and WinVNC autostop feature when necessary under Vista/XP FUS - CTRL-ALT-DEL using Viewer's "CAD" button should work (Vista and XP) - FileTransfer window now allows files lists sorting by columns headers - WinVNC now stores its config parameters into ultravnc.ini file (same directory as WinVNC.exe). This change was necessary for Vista/XP FUS. To use the registry instead, like in previous versions, do the following: 1.Before running the uvnc_service for the first time, create an ultravnc.ini file in the UltravNC 1.0.3 RC2 install directory 2.Add to this ultravnc.ini file the 2 following lines: [Admin] UseRegistry=1 - WinVNC contains bug fixes for connections init/stability issues (v1.0.2 Test2 patch code and more) - Please note that DSMPlugin (MSRC4) does not work very well under Vista The ARC4 plugin should work fine though
** v1.0.2 Release
- Resizable File transfer window
- Improved cursor handling in viewer and Java Viewer
- Improved Auto reconnect option in server
- Improved query-on-incoming-connection window in server
- MSLogon improvements
- MSLogon weak challenge vulnerability fix NOTE: MSLogon backward compatibility is broken with versions <= v1.0.1
- Zip Archive - Anyway, the new v1.0.2 viewer can use MSLogon with older servers but a warning is displayed recommending server upgrade.
- Server and viewer logging functions vulnerability fix
- Server configuration: Alpha blending, FTUserImpersonation and LockWorkstation options are allowed depending on the OS
** v1.0.1 Release
- Slow File transfer (viewer -> server) over LAN: fixed
- Slow applications on viewer machine during File transfer (viewer -> server): fixed (other applications are now usable...)
- JavaViewer applet is now displayed in an independent auto-sizable windows that adapts itself to the remote screen size.
- Viewer full screen title bar is now 700 pixels large (instead of 500)
- Version info in initial dialog box viewer
- Color info "check driver" in case color is not supported
- Removed session switch running as application (disconnect as app RDP)
- Text chat display corruption when lot of text was typed: fixed
- File transfer temporization is no more used when main viewer window is minimized (=> max. speed transfer)
- Updated zlib library to v1.2.3
- Changed Modem/Slow profile encoding in Auto mode, from ZRLE to Tight: it should fix the occasional viewer crash over slow connections in auto mode
** v1.0.0 Release
- Cosmetics and language correction for server and viewer
- Driver activation (v100)
- Resources corrections (radio buttons)
- Manual close viewer daemon
** v1.0.0 - RC20 7
- new: installer with several new options
- fix: vncdrv.dll had some text missing
- fix: missing mouse pointer when viewer in background
- fix: manually select ports in Admin Properties
- fix: black screen problem
- fix: active scroll log error
- fix: disable Admin properties
** v1.0.0 - RC20 5
- protocol error fix for non ultravnc viewers
- XP look
** v1.0.0 - RC20 4
- Internal test version
** v1.0.0 - RC20 (.1, .2, .3)
- File transfer bugs seem all fixed this time. All the regressions due to the new asynchronous transfer mode + delta transfer should be solved.
- New File transfer Impersonation mode.
Available only when WinVNC is run as a service.
A user that connects to WinVNC and that is not yet identified by the server (Windows authentication, so he can see the Windows login screen) has no access to the server's file system through UltraVNC File transfer GUI. He must login into Windows first. Once identified, the user only has access to the file system resources allowed by his Windows profile. This mode can be deactivated by an admin if necessary: "FTUserImpersonation=0" in the WinVNC registry branch. In this case, the whole file system can be accessed by users, without restriction, like in previous UltraVNC File transfer versions.
- New color modes: 64 colors, 8 colors, 8 GreyScale, 4 GreyScale, 2 B&W
- The JavaViewer also supports the new color modes
- The WinVNC embedded HTML container for the JavaViewer now displays a warning saying that the Java VM must be installed on the Web Browser machine in order to get the JavaViewer working.
- Various small bugs fixes:
- Forced X-cursor encoding sent to viewers: fixed
- Bad minor version number sent causing Chat not supported (Server->Viewer): fixed
- Command line ignored-options bug: fixed
- NT4 Crash: fixed
- DSM plugin mechanism: new Reset function added and bug fixed (note that versions of MSRC4 Plugins > 1.1.4 must now be used with RC20)
- System resources and small memory leaks: fixed
- Some registry settings bugs: fixed
- New "modern" dialog boxes look (XP)
- Slightly redesigned and tweaked dialog boxes both in Vncviewer and WinVNC so they are more readable and look better.
- MSLogon II: lot of new features and bug fixes (see whatsnew.txt for details)
- Optional Alpha-Blending capture mode
- Optional Alpha-Blending screen-blanking mode (see whatsnew.txt for details)
- Last Viewer settings are automatically saved in a "latest.vnc" file in current users's "local settings" Win directory. So next time the user runs the viewer these settings are automatically reloaded.
- New single-http-connect port support. A separate WinVNC1P.exe is available and necessary to get this functionality. This new functionality will be included in the regular Ultra WinVNC as soon as possible.
- New Single-Click UltraVNC server. The Setup can be customized and generated online on the uvnc web site. Please see the Forum and Website for details.
** v1.0.0 - RC19.7
- File transfer fixes
- Registry (service) fixes
- Blank screen now uses layered window (W2k)
- DSM Plugin fixes
- Alpha blending can be activated via the WinVNC admin option panel
- CPU Blank screen
CPU Screen Blanking is fixed by using a layered window. (option admin panel)
It only works on W2k/XP/W2003
Doesn't work in combination with the driver
If Alpha blanking can not be used, the older DPMS method is used instead (auto) The Screen Blanking with Alpha blending can show some content onthe screen, if you create a "Background.bmp" file in Winvnc directory, this bitmap is used instead of the default black background. Alpha Screen blanking can not Hide the Cursor, and sometimes the menus go to the foreground.
** v1.0.0 - RC19.6
- Extra registry parameter "CaptureAlphaBlending"
- Winvnc1P.exe (1 port for http, separate version , don't now status with normal viewer and plugins)
- View only viewer command line
** v1.0.0 - RC19.5
- File transfer fixes
- NT4 fixes
- Viewer remembers last used options
- Properties and port fix
- Java viewer recompiled using old java 1.3
- Documentation added for MS logon/Repeater/nat2nat
** v1.0.0 - RC19.4
- Cursor shape first update
- Install without previous password (i hope it is fixes this time)
- Korean installer (é("&) replaced by Korean
- MS-Logon II: Unicode support (special chars)
- File transfer fixes
** v1.0.0 - RC19.3
- MSlogon I changes
logging.dll: needed, does event and file logging
authadmin.dll: if present, give localadmin access
workgrpnt4.dll: Workgroup and NT4 domain checking
ldapauth.dll:Active directory W2K up
ldapauth9x.dll:Active Directory 9X
ldapauthnt4.dll:Active Directory NT4
Only the logging.dll is needed, If other dll's do not exist, that specific check is skipped.
If you remove authadmin --> Local admin has no access If you have active directory,workgrpnt4 is not needed
- Bug fixes:
File transfer fixes
- Viewer use the selected language
To manually change the language of the viewer, copy the corresponding xxx.dll from the /lang directory as lang.dll in the viewer directory
** v1.0.0 - RC 19 (v1 Release Candidate 19)
- Semi "Fast User switching support
For each user session you switch to, a separate winvnc server is started on the next port. User session A on 5900, after user switch, viewer get black.
User session B on 5901 gets active, after switching back to session A, first user session viewer get back active
Shutdown, vnc stops as last service. Needs to be tested, because vnc is not stopped at all, service breaks when network become unavailable.
- Bug fixes
Screen saver and lock screen caused server hung running as application, fixed logon blocks, and screen saver resolution changes are better handled.
Plugin had a really bad network behavior, fast small updates like in "Star field screen saver preview" could crash your network....
Manual update after logon/screen saver fixed
Fixed blank screen and XP SP2
Cancel button in vncviewer fixed (now it actually stop connection process)
- Video Hook Driver mode
Extra driver version check on startup 1.018/1.017/1.017 for driver files, else driver is disabled
Extra driver check button in properties menu. Gives driver status
Network traffic is send in 8k blocks (avoid flooding on wireless)
Local mouse handling react faster on cursor change
- System shutdown
Viewer should now stay connected until you get the log off screen
- WinVNC Properties handling
User settings (only poll settings, access for all users)
Admin settings (all other critical settings, access for administrators only)
In service mode, no user settings are used, excepted polling ones
Only the primary session can open the Admin properties "FUS"
- Multi-headed display (multi monitors support)
Without Video Driver: user can toggle between primary or secondary display
With Video Driver: switch toggle primary,secondary or both displays
Selection is done using the "Full Desktop" Toolbar Button (which is normally used to toggle from Single Window to Desktop modes)
"Server cursor handle", not supported if secondary screen is left (with driver)
Tested on 2 card system
- Java Viewer
Now supports File transfer (same kind of GUI than in win32 Viewer, but simpler...
more functions will be added gradually (multi selection of files, directory transfer..)
-> the JavaViewer now needs to access the viewing machine hard drive, so the user is prompted for an "UltraVNC" signed applet certificate acceptance.
Support MS Logon authentication method
- File transfer
Now supports Delta Transfer for files (-> also provides Resume Interrupted transfer)
Now transfers are asynchronous if wanted:
When FT GUI is visible -> no screen updates, max speed for the transfer of files
When FT GUI is minimized -> screen updates and file transferring at the same time
Added multi selection for files deletion
Added Rename File/Directory command
Fixed some bugs with Directory Transfer (names with "(" or ")")
Fixed huge files transfers and progress gauge corrupted display (> 2GB files)
Added progress percentage value display
A lot of code cleaning and sanity checks (both in Viewer and Server)
New Viewer File Transfer is still backward compatible with previous Servers (<=RC18)
Directory Names are now surrounded with "[ " and " ]" in the GUI lists
Added a new MS-Logon authentication method (aka MS-Logon II).
Should work with Windows NT 4, Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows 2003. (See mslogon.html for a detailed description)
- Ability to authenticate cross-domain, i.e. the user account can be in another domain than the computer account.
- Stores access settings in an ACL:
Unlimited number of users/groups can be configured
Each user/group can have full access/view only
- New UI: Standard MS Security Editor
- MSLogonACL: Tool for exporting/importing ACL
- Only one (1) Windows logon attempt is performed.
* Fixed: Usernames with spaces fail to load with MSLogonACL tool (see http://forum.ultravnc.net/viewtopic.php?t=1046&highlight=#4025)
* Fixed: Extended ASCII characters (ä/ö/ü/ç) lead to authentication failure (see http://forum.ultravnc.net/viewtopic.php?t=1259&highlight=#4702)
* Fixed: Certain passwords (e.g. Abc0DefG) lead to authentication failure (see http://forum.ultravnc.net/viewtopic.php?t=803)
** v1.0.0 - RC 18 (v1 Release Candidate 18 )
-Code analyzing to optimize performance
-Driver bug fixed
-A lot of speed optimizations
** v1.0.0 - RC 17 (v1 Release Candidate 17)
-Driver consist of 2 parts, the actual mirror driver and a memory manager service.
-Final driver version
Viewer / Server:
-Fix cpu ghost issue on quitting viewer
-Fix connecting failed if screen saver+lock screen was running
-Fix listening and multiple viewers no longer quit when one viewer is stopped
** v1.0.0 - RC 16 (v1 Release Candidate 16)
- Driver handling was changed again.
- It's stable and high speed is back.
- Scrolling bug fixed, driver was giving invers delta
- Driver screen moves and standard screen Moves detection can not be used together. Both where cumulated--> delta x2 Scrolling is handled by the driver, screen moves by the old method
- Fixed sendmessage queuing problem.
** v1.0.0 - RC 15 (v1 Release Candidate 15)
- Try out to make it stable again.
- V15 is stable, but terribly slow when driver used
** v1.0.0 - RC 14 (v1 Release Candidate 14)
- Memory leaks, resources leaks, array bounding, bug fixes, desktop thread fixes
- ms logon: Correction for global groups in local group detection + a lot of others changes to take the max. use cases into account...
- File transfer is now forbidden when Viewers are forced to be "View only"
- File transfer bug fix (possible infinite loop during copy loop)
- Properties dialog tweaked
- Removed the "Home page" and "Online help" shortcuts in the WinVNC tray menu (that were launching some IExplorer processes) until we find a better solution.
- MS groups can be customized via options
- Hookdll is loaded dynamic , dll does not longer need to exist to start winvnc
- Server Inputs/Screen-blanking bug fix
- Proxy support (via the "VNC repeater" external program)
- File transfer: selection bar now takes full list's window width
- Several Listening viewers can now be run on the same machine using different ports numbers.
- Pressing ALT or CTRL send ALT/CTRL directly to the VNCServer, as if the user selected "CTRL DOWN/CTRL UP/ALT DOWN/ALT UP" from the system menu.
When turning the SCROLL-LOCK on, the following things happen:
Pressing ALT+TAB DOES NOT switch applications on the client side.
Instead, ALT+TAB is sent to the VNCServer.
Pressing CTRL+ESC DOES NOT open the start menu on the client side.
Instead, CTRL+ESC is sent to the VNCServer.
Pressing ALT+SPACE DOES NOT open the system menu on the client side.
Instead, ALT+SPACE is sent to the VNCServer.
Pressing Break/Pause key toggles Full-Screen mode on or off.
Pressing PRINT-Screen key requests a full screen update (same as selecting "Request Screen Refresh" from the system menu)
All the above can be disabled by turning the SCROLL-LOCK key off.
(written by Assaf Gordon (Assaf@mazleg.com))
** v1.0.0 - RC 13 : never saw the light of day. 'wonder why... ;)
** v1.0.0 - RC 12 (v1 Release Candidate 12)
- DSM Plugin bug fixes (loopback mode, plugin changes, loading, config...).
- Strings moved to resource file (server) + french translation
- Added back auto hook switching (only active the first 50 updates, to prevent switching while connected)
- Added -autoreconnect command line option and functionality
- Prevented Chat to send messages during transfer of a file
- File transfer now handles Directory Transfer (using zip32.dll & unzip32.dll)
- Ultra Encoder bug fix
- New Video Hook driver
- Local cursor support for Driver and Hookdll
- Video Driver now uses events to notify the server for changes, no more timer
- Auto full scan on idle time
- Added several locks for memory protection while driver is disabled/enabled (resolution/logon)
- Too many little updates (driver). If more than 50 rects, combine regions.
- File transfer now handles Directory Transfer (using zip32.dll & unzip32.dll)
- Chat window can be minimized (allowing screen updates) and restored
- File transfer Window can be minimized (allowing screen updates) and restored, excepted during a transfer
- Toolbar Buttons changed... (thanks to http://www.phoenity.com/)
- Added back dotcursor as default in all quick options modes, excepted Ultra & Lan
- Added listening Port number to VNCviewer Taskbar icon tooltip, in listen mode
- Added some resync code... Server and viewer sometimes were going out of sync. This code tries to find new updates in network data and resync the viewer.
- A listening viewer using a DSMPlugin can now handle several connections with different servers without connection drops.
**v1.0.0 - RC 11c (v1 Release Candidate 11)
-auth dll changed (NT4 missing function,)
-added winvnc -multi (disable single instance check)
- File times now displayed in local time in File transfer
- DSM bugs fixed:
- DSM+ZRLE now WORKS :)
- Fixed various crashes due to insufficient DSM working buffer size with 1200+ screen resolutions
- Fixed DSM+UltraEncoding crash (I now deactivate Queuing when DSM is enabled).
** v1.0.0 - RC 11b (v1 Release Candidate 11)
-messages.dll (nt event ) was missing
-new XP style buttons
-ldap was only added to the testauth util....:) made it also active in winvnc
-A viewer crash bug fixed
-About etc...still have RC11 to little changes for new release number
** v1.0.0 - RC 11 (v1 Release Candidate 11)
- 8bit Colors regression fixed
- Server PB fixed: WinVNC stalled when changing server screen resolution during connection.
- Various bug fixes with Ultra encoding and mouse cursor updates.
- Cosmetic fixes in viewer and server (multi-languages strings display, dialog boxes, bitmaps, flashlogo...)
- Auto Mode On/Off switching pb fixed (after a manual options settings the Auto Mode was no more available)
- Added the /nohotkeys command line switch in vncviewer (saved in .vnc files like all the others vncviewer options)
- Modifs and bug fixes in french vncviewer
- Fixed Status display bug in Status Window when DSMPlugin is used
- MS logon no support:worksgroups,NT4 domain,AD mixed and native domains workgroup,NT4 Domain: group checking (Netapi), password checking (SPPI, and logonuser for XP)
Open guest access is checked and MS logon is regused on systems where guest account=1 AND force guest=1
AD mixed and native: Group and password are checked using the ADSI SDK (LDAP)
- added ConnectPriority=3: refuse multiple viewer connections
- Added even more memory controle functions
- users without HKLM access can run vnc as application
- added vnc loggons to system event logging (NT)
- UltraEncoder isolated from other. This encoder is experimental and use a faster viewer screen update mechanism. When switching (manual) from or to this encoder some black rect can appear. Does not support caching and local cursor shapes. This encoder is no longer part of the auto mechanism.
** RC 1.10 (v1 Release Candidate 10)
- Added secure memcopy/memcmp to prevent server crash
- NT4 video driver does not exist..so put it always false
- NewSWsize could cause problems, needed to be send from client thread enablecache could cause delete cache to give memory error, fixed some extra logging
- Moved restart driver to vncDesktopThread check part. Driver is not restarted middle of an update
- Disabled detect slow encoder (the auto switch between hookdll and driver does not work 100%)
- DisableTrayIcon reg value added
- ms-logon passwd length fix
- ms-logon is moved to machine reg settings , no user setting
- ms-logon is moved to 2 separated dlls. groups and nested groups (AD) should work know
- ms-logon added testutil
- Added home page and online help menu items
- String vncviewer moved to table to be easy translated
- Added viewer flash window
- New super fast Ultra Encoder using real time compression/latency reduction and the faster viewer screen updates
** RC 1.09 (v1 Release Candidate 09)
- NT4 8bit crash fix
- 24bit driver mode crash fix
- "Unlock server" crash detect and fixed
- 2003 driver support added to server and drivers
- Added new about box
- Auto Check "Cache Encoding" when XORZlib encoding is clicked in options dialog.
- Fixed ".vnc" saving bug with some params (ServerScale, EnableCache...)
- Quick Options handling code cleanup
- Added Test if Options Dialog is open while terminating the viewer (->prevent a crash)
- CTRL-ESC, Alt, CTRL, CTRL-ALT-DEL are now forbidden in ViewOnly mode
- Viewer menu simplified and completed
- Added Accelerator Keys (Hot Keys). They are displayed in the viewer's menu.
(All are CTRL+ALT+Fxx keys)
- Added AutoScaling : now the viewer window can be auto scaled/stretched so the server's screen is entirely visible (no scrollbars). The option is available along Quick options.
- Viewer Scaling factors is now percentage in the Options window. More clear for users.
- Hopefully fixed the screen refresh locking after a File transfer occasional bug.
- Simplified Viewer TitleBar display (removed "VNC Viewer". Was useless and now we can directly see the host name in the task bar).
- Added host name in the File transfer window Title bar.
- Hopefully fixed the scaling crash that occurs in all others VNC distributions due to the StretchBlt() function + hardware acceleration. Visual quality remains equivalent when scaled.
- Added a 30s delay between 2 encoding changes when using Auto mode. It should prevent some problems over slow connections...
- Added ".vnc" load button in the "Connection" Dialog
** RC 1.08 (v1 Release Candidate 08)
- The last major memory leak has been fixed in WinVNC
- WinVNC occasional crash under NT4 during initial screen loading has been fixed
- The CTRL,ALT,SHIFT keys locking bug has hopefully been fixed
- The Viewer's authentication window has been renamed "VNC Authentication" instead of " Ultr@VNC Authentication" : now Ult@VNC Viewer is compatible again with the VNC-Quickdesk password transmission method...
- Some additional tests have been added to prevent possible crashes:
- "ms-logon + no domain + WinVNC under win 9.x" case
- OS Version is better checked when Video Driver is required by user
- Fixed the scaling factors corruption problem when using "AUTO" quick option in the viewer.
- The DSM Plugins know their loader : vncviewer or WinVNC (application or service). It should be now more easy for plugins writters to save their plugins configuration at the good location in the registry, for instance.
TestPlugin example source code has been updated consequently.
** RC 1.07 (v1 Release Candidate 07)
- TextChat GUI improvements (colors, buttons),
- Textchat scrolling under Win9x & Me fixed
- Viewer refresh after Texchat fixed
- TextChat & File transfer windows can be redisplayed on the foreground when masked in Fullscreen mode by clicking on their corresponding buttons.
- File transfer GUI double-click bug fixed
- UltraVNC icon slightly changed
- Toolbar tooltips now appear faster
- Viewer "notoolbar" command line option replaces the stupid "showtoolbar" option...
- WinVNC "connect" option fixed (works with host, host:display and host::port)
- Fixed "quickoption" command line option bug in vncviewer
- Added "Log Infos" and "Allow Loopback" options in WinVNC Property page.
- UltraVNC is now compatible with PalmVNC2.0 even at theserver screen scaling level
- Fixed Viewer crash when aborting connection
- Remove Wallpaper after disconnection bug fixed
- NTML mechanism now checks Local and Remote for Group and Password.
- Fixed a bug with changes detection in WINVNC under W2K/WP: when the "Video Hook Driver" option was checked and the Video Driver was not actually available (not installed for instance...) then the default "System HookDll" was not loaded (even if the option was checked).
- The result was missing screen updates, especially with checkboxes, low accuracy and low speed. The workaround was to uncheckthe "Video Hook Driver" option.
- DSMplugin action now starts BEFORE the RFB protocole handshaking (-> 1.07 Viewer/Server DSM compatibility with 1.06 is broken but existing Plugins remain compatible with v1.07)
- Info messages are now displayed when connection fails with DSMPlugin (Plugins incompatibility, missing etc...)
- DSMPlugin now supports ms_logon method
- Slightly modified TestPlugin sample
- Added "dsmplugin" command line option in vncviewer
- Video Driver handling:
- Auto switching to default system hooking when 24bit color depth is used on server (the driver not used in this case)
- 8bit color palette support
- WinVNC keeps the attached-to-desktop bit to 1 until VNC unloads the driver -> No more crashes when an application changes the display
(ex: pinball). No more risk that color depth or screen resolution switching crash the server.
- New Video Hook driver v1.0.7 (+ New separate Video Drivers Auto-Setup)