UltraVnc Port Forwarding with Nat Routers
If UltraVNC server and viewer are on different sides of a NAT
router and you won't use a repeater or NAT-to-NAT connector, you
need to do some configuration on the router.
Here are some links to detailed configuration instructions for specific router types.
A general overview about port forwarding is given in What is Port Forwarding?
- Port Forwarding: Linksys Cable/DSL Router - Single Ports (1.2x firmware)
- Port Forwarding: Linksys Cable/DSL Router - Port Ranges (1.3x firmware)
- Port Forwarding: D-Link 704P DSL/Cable Router
- Port Forwarding: Asante FR3000 DSL/Cable Router
- Port Forwarding step-by-step instructions for various manufacturers